Sunday, January 26, 2014

Construction Tables

The construction plans require a table 24-27 feet in length.  This surface is where the main hull panels are joined using puzzle joints.   The hull panels mus be flat and supported to be properly joined.  I have built two twelve foot tables that can be clamped together for this purpose.  The short tables will allow me to move and store them easier.



The tables are constructed from 3/4 inch particle board laid over engineered I-beams.  I have beams that are 9 by 2 inches.   These can be ordered at most lumber yards and cost between 1 and 2 dollars per foot.




Construction is fairly simple.

These will also be used as a surface to sheath some of the hull panels with fiberglass before assembly.  Additionally, fiberglass can be cut and vacuum bagging will be done on them.

My tables are 39 inches tall which makes for a comfortable work height.  They also happen to be 1/4 inch lower than my table saw, so the can be used an out feed.

The legs are easily removable so that I can store them.

Task time: 16 hours
Accumulated project time: 16 hours


No comments:

Post a Comment