Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Note (Whining) about Printing Plans

Laser printing plans is surprisingly expensive.  A good size for the plans is 2 x 3 ft.  Black and white printing costs 40 cents per square foot ($2.40/sheet), while color is 8 dollars per square foot  ($48 per sheet).  The prices are about the same in California and Washington.  I had thought that they might have been gouging when I was in San Diego.

Paul's color coded drawings are quite useful and much easier to read, but I will be staying with black and white until I get to a critical section.

2 comments:

  1. Do keep ion mind that for parts you wish to coat first, then laminate and/or sheath later, the pre-coat may have blushed and may require sanding prior to the secondary lamination step in order to ensure a good bond. This sanding of a pre-coated panel can be eliminated if the secondary step (laminating or sheathing) is carried out within an 8 hour period after the pre-coat sets up. Something to keep in mind, as you, like I, like to have a streamlining process for everything. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your construction. It is a great design, and I am impressed by the swift construction methods.
    Keep us posted, I'll be following.
    I'm building a 30ft. outrigger myself, and I have put a bloglink on my blog. Hope you don't mind.
    Cheers, Peter
    arpex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete