Monday, February 24, 2014

First Pair of Aka Sides Laminated


I spent the first part of the day ripping fir into 1/8 inch strips. These are about 62 mm wide and will get narrowed to 58 mm after lamination.





Next came a layup of 4 or 5 strips.  I had ended up with a couple strips that were 1/4 inch or a little more.  I could not get them through the table saw one last time since they were too narrow to push. The thicker strips bent nicely along with the 1/8 inch stock.  The layups needed to be 19 mm.  Since I could not hit 19 mm exactly they are a couple millimeters larger. This should not cause a problem in an area that could use a lot of strength.




There was a second layup for the other side of the first beam.  After un-clamping tomorrow, I'll do a second pair.


No comments:

Post a Comment